Welcome to dh-virtualenv’s documentation!¶
dh-virtualenv is a tool that aims to combine Debian packaging with
self-contained Python software deployment in a pre-built virtualenv.
To do this, the project extends debhelper’s build sequence by providing
This new command effectively replaces the following commands in the default sequence:
In the debhelper build sequence,
dh_virtualenv is inserted right after
- Getting Started helps you to set up your build machine and then package your first simple project.
- Packaging Guide explains all available features in more detail.
- The Packaging Cookbook demonstrates specific features and tricks needed for packaging more challenging projects.
- The Trouble-Shooting Guide explains some typical errors you might enounter, and their solution.
- To take a look into complete projects, see Real-World Projects Show-Case.
- API / Code Reference has a short overview of the implementation and links to the source code.
- Finally, the Changelog provides a history of releases with their new features and fixes.
Contents of this Manual¶
- Getting Started
- Packaging Guide
- Packaging Cookbook
- Trouble-Shooting Guide
- Real-World Projects Show-Case
- API / Code Reference